Christina Lake, BC
Christina Lake Development Gateway Association
Christina Lake in BC is a small & beautiful community nested on the shores of Christina Lake, one of the warmest lakes in BC.
The community’s economy is driven by seasonality, which challenges the abilities of the many entrepreneurs engaged in hospitality and tourism. Moreover, as with many rural areas in BC, internet connectivity, reliability of service and transmission speeds leave much to be desired.
In 2013 we worked with the Christina Lake Development Gateway Association and with several business owners over several months.
The scope of our work included:
- Designing a business strategy for the adoption of broadband connectivity by the community
- Designing and developing projects supported by GIS to:
- create an interactive web map of the community, and
- create a customer location base for targeted marketing campaigns
- Organizing and delivering ‘eMarketing tools and techniques’ workshops