XL Quality Industrial Services Inc.
In Trail BC, we worked on a database development project for XL Quality Industrial Services Inc.
A relational database system allows businesses to organize data and to manage business information in a way that results in a very productive use of the time needed by owners-managers to run their business. Common databases include Access, Oracle and ArcSDE.
Results from this project include:
- Cost savings for the company, because wage earners now use less of their time to search for information in historical paper work orders, mill certs and customers.
- Higher business efficiencies due to:
- management devoting less time to automatable work, because the database automates common tasks and searches and harvests information from other tables
- management is increasingly able to spot trends and services that allow for well-informed decision making.
- Added long-term value, because as the data stored builds up, its use by management and staff will also increase.